Don’t obsess over getting these exact ingredients in this precise combination. Any nut you like will work here for crunch, and you’re looking for a mix of bright herbs and enough cooked grains to make this quinoa salad recipe substantial.
- ½ cup raw pistachios
- 8 ounces green beans and/or wax beans
- 4 ounces sugar snap peas
- Kosher salt
- ½ cup coarsely chopped fresh tender herbs (such as parsley, chives, basil, tarragon, and dill)
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 small or 1 large head of broccoli, florets chopped (about 1½ cups)
- 2 cups pea shoots (tendrils)
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (from about ⅓ raw)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Toast pistachios on a rimmed baking sheet, tossing once, until golden brown, 8–10 minutes. Let cool, then coarsely chop.
- Meanwhile, cook green beans and sugar snap peas in a pot of boiling salted water until no longer raw but still very crunchy, about 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a bowl of ice water and let sit until cold, about 3 minutes. Drain, pat dry, and thinly slice into bite-size pieces.
- Blend herbs, oil, vinegar, mustard, and 2 Tbsp. toasted pistachios in a blender, adding water by the tablespoonful if dressing is too thick, until smooth and the consistency of heavy cream. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss beans, peas, broccoli, pea shoots, quinoa, and remaining toasted pistachios in a medium bowl to combine. Drizzle salad with dressing and toss again to nicely coat everything; season with salt and pepper.
So fresh and so green green.GET THE RECIPE: http://bonap.it/jTzuutX
Julkaissut Bon Appétit Magazine Tiistaina 25. huhtikuuta 2017