One Pot Apricot Glazed Chicken
Crave a bit of sweet with your savory? Make this skillet-roasted chicken with a fruity glaze and almond garnish.
- 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 tsp kosher salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1 tsp black pepper, plus more for seasoning
- 1 Tbsp sweet paprika
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter, or more olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp low-sodium tamari or low-sodium soy sauce
- ½ cup apricot jam/preserves
- Zest of 1 lemon
- ½ cup white wine
- ¼ cup dried apricots, finely chopped
- Dry roasted almond slices, lemon zest and chopped Italian parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat a large (12 inch) cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season the chicken on all sides with salt, pepper and sweet paprika.
- Add a tablespoon of olive oil to the hot pan. Sear the chicken thighs on both sides, beginning with skin side down, until golden brown and crispy, about 5 minutes per side.
- Remove the browned chicken from the pan and set aside on a sheet tray.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the butter, cooking until melted, followed by the onions and garlic. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper and sauté until fragrant and slightly softened, about 6 minutes.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in the tamari, apricot preserves, lemon zest, white wine and chopped apricots, making sure to loosen any brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Simmer for about 6 minutes to let flavors infuse. Nestle the browned chicken into the sauce.
- Place the skillet into the preheated oven and roast until completely cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 165ºF, about 25–30 minutes.
- Serve the chicken over mashed potatoes or cauliflower mash, spoon some of the pan sauce over the top and sprinkle with almond slices, lemon zest and chopped parsley.
One Pot Apricot Glazed Chicken Save this recipe: https://taste.md/2pfqstN
Julkaissut Tastemade Torstaina 27. huhtikuuta 2017