Frozen Mochas by Ree Drummond
The Pioneer Woman - Ree Drummond turns her cold brew concentrate into summer-ready Frozen Mochas!
- 1½ cups chilled very strong brewed coffee or espresso, or coffee concentrate, recipe follows
- 1 cup whole milk, or more to taste
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips, plus more for topping if desired!
- ¼ cup sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ cup chocolate syrup, plus more for drizzling
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup half-and-half, optional
- Whipped cream, for serving
- 1 pound ground coffee (a good, rich roast)
- Add the coffee, milk, chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, chocolate syrup and vanilla to a blender. Top off the blender with ice and blend until smooth and icy, with tiny chocolate bits throughout. (Add some half-and-half if you'd like it to be a little richer and creamier.)
- Serve in glasses with whipped cream on top, and drizzle the whipped cream with chocolate syrup or dot with more chocolate chips.
- In a large container, mix the ground coffee with 32 cups (8 quarts) cold water. Cover and allow to sit at room temperature 8 hours or overnight.
- Line a fine-mesh strainer with cheesecloth and set over a pitcher or other container. Pour the coffee/water mixture through the strainer, allowing all the liquid to run through. Discard the grounds. Place the coffee liquid in the fridge to chill. Use as needed.
Here’s a video that shows you how to make it:
Ree turns her cold brew concentrate into summer-ready Frozen Mochas!Save The Pioneer Woman – Ree Drummond's recipe: http://www.foodtv.com/5lwav.
Posted by Food Network on Monday, May 1, 2017