Simple Almond Joy Energy Bites
Avocados are great. Shrimp stuffed avocados are even better! This makes a perfect appetizer for warm dinner nights with friends and family.
- 1 ½ cups dates, pitted (about 8 oz)
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp ground flax seed
- 3 Tbsp cocoa powder
- ½ cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 32 whole toasted almonds
- Unsweetened shredded coconut for rolling
- Melted chocolate for decorating (optional)
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
- Place dates in a food processor and pulse until fine. Add in oats, almonds, coconut oil, chia seeds, ground flax seed, cocoa powder, ¼ cup shredded coconut, salt and almond extract. Pulse again in food processor until mixture comes together and forms a ball.
- Scoop into tablespoon-sized balls, stuff 1 almond in each ball and roll to seal.
- Garnish with a gorgeous drizzle of melted chocolate, and sprinkle with remaining ¼ shredded coconut. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Simply place in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks!
Here’s a video that shows you how to make it:
Coconut Almond Energy Bites Save this recipe: https://taste.md/2otBxII
Julkaissut Tastemade Tiistaina 2. toukokuuta 2017