Shrimp Fajita Salad
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 assorted bell peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- ¾ teaspoon fajita seasoning
- Juice of 2 limes, plus wedges for serving
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar or honey
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1¼ pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 flour tortillas
- ½ head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- ½ cup pico de gallo
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly softened, about 5 minutes. Add the bell peppers and ½ teaspoon fajita seasoning. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion starts browning and the peppers are slightly softened, about 3 minutes. Add ¼ cup water and continue cooking until the vegetables are tender, about 5 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk half of the lime juice with 1½ tablespoons olive oil and the agave in a medium bowl. Add half of the cilantro, and the onion and peppers (reserve the skillet). Season with salt and pepper; toss to coat and set aside.
- Wipe out the skillet and heat over high heat. Toss the shrimp with the remaining ½ tablespoon olive oil and ¼ teaspoon fajita seasoning in a bowl. Add to the skillet and cook until the shrimp are pink, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove from the heat and add the remaining lime juice and cilantro; season with salt and pepper.
- Warm the tortillas as the label directs. Divide the lettuce among bowls; top with the onion and peppers, shrimp and pico de gallo. Serve with the tortillas and lime wedges.
Here’s a video that shows you how to make it:
How To Make Shrimp Fajita Salad
Shrimp Fajita Salad 😍Save this recipe: http://www.foodtv.com/5mq76.
Julkaissut Food Network Keskiviikkona 10. toukokuuta 2017