Cranberry Upside-Down Cake
You'll flip for this moist, lemony cake topped with a healthy heaping of sweet, tart cranberries.
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed Meyer lemon juice
- 10 ounces fresh cranberries
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons Meyer lemon zest (from 1 lemon)
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, plus more
- ½ cup fine cornmeal
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup whole milk
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Arrange rack in center of the oven. Spray a 9-inch cake pan with nonstick spray.
- Make the topping: In a medium-sized skillet over medium heat, add butter and stir in brown sugar to melt. Once combined, stir in the lemon juice. Pour into the prepared cake pan. Set aside.
- Make the cake: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add butter and beat until creamy. Add the sugar and continue beating until light and fluffy. Add the zest, then the eggs, one at a time, scraping with a rubber spatula between additions. Mix in the vanilla. Add the flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt to the mixer and mix until incorporated. Add the milk a little at a time until combined.
- Add cranberries in a single layer over the melted butter and sugar. Scrape the batter over the top and smooth. Bake for 30 minutes, until golden brown. Let cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes, then turn out on serving plate. Serve with fresh whipped cream.
MOIST – the word we hate, but love to taste. Trust us when we say you'll love this moist cake.Full Recipe: taste.md/2AfcVba
Julkaissut Tastemade Perjantaina 1. joulukuuta 2017