French Onion Chicken Pasta Casserole
All the flavor from our favorite French Onion Soup in one easy pasta bake!
- 10 oz. fettuccine noodles, broken into thirds, cooked and drained
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 2½ cups beef broth
- 2 large onions (5-6 cups), halved and thinly sliced
- ¼ cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, minced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups swiss cheese, grated
- ½ tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 cup panko or seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350º F and lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking dish with non-stick spray.
- In a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter and sauté onions for 6-8 minutes, or until softened. Season with thyme, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring frequently, until onions have darkened and caramelized. Add balsamic vinegar and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Once caramelized, sprinkle flour over the onions and stir to incorporate. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until flour has cooked, then stir in beef broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 3-5 minutes, or until thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in chicken and cooked pasta.
- Transfer pasta mixture to baking dish and top with Swiss cheese. Place baking dish in oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- While cooking, whisk together melted butter and seasoned breadcrumbs.
- Remove baking dish from oven and top with breadcrumb topping. Return to oven and cook for another 5-8 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and serve hot!
All the flavor from our favorite French Onion Soup in one easy pasta bake! Written recipe: https://po.st/5pdjBO
Julkaissut 12 Tomatoes Maanantaina 4. joulukuuta 2017