Philly Cheesesteak Casserole
Philly Cheesesteak Casserole is the cozy dinner no one can resist.
- 4 hoagie rolls
- 4 tbsp. melted butter
- 2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1½ lb. sirloin steak, sliced into strips
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 8 slices provolone
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a large casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray. Cut hoagie rolls into thick 1” cubes and toss with melted butter. Transfer to prepared casserole dish and bake until lightly golden, about 10 minutes.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add onion and peppers and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally until the vegetables are tender. Stir in garlic and cook untitled fragrant, about 1 minute, then transfer mixture to a bowl.
- Turn heat up to medium-high and heat remaining tablespoon of olive oil then add steak in a single layer, working in batches if necessary. Season generously with salt and pepper and let sear until the bottom is dark. Flip, then sear the other side. Add the vegetables back to the skillet and stir in Worcestershire sauce. Check for seasonings and remove from heat.
- Add meat and vegetable mixture to the casserole dish and toss gently with the toasted hoagie cubes. Top with provolone cheese and bake until the cheese is melted and bubbly, about 10 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and serve warm.
Philly Cheesesteak Casserole is the cozy dinner no one can resist. Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/3Gcfpb2
Julkaissut Delish Tiistaina 5. joulukuuta 2017