Pastry Cream Puffs
Flaky, buttery pastry filled with creamy vanilla and berries is an absolute MUST.
- Pastry Cream
- 250ml of whole milk
- 1 vanilla pod, or 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 50g of caster sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 10g of plain flour
- 10g of cornflour
- 200g unsalted butter
- Egg wash
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp milk
- 2 square sheets of puff pastry 24cm x 24cm (can be any size though)
- Raspberry jam
- Fresh berries
- Pastry Cream
- Add milk and vanilla to a large mixing bowl and microwave for 1 minute.
- Add sugar, egg yolks and both flours. Whisk until well combined.
- Microwave for 20 seconds at a time, mixing each time until thickened.
- Add butter and mix until well combined. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside.
- Pastry Cups
- Preheat oven 200C.
- To create pastry cups use a knife to cut a square sheet of puff pastry into 12 squares. Mine came out 8cm x 8cm. You’ll need
- To make the egg wash add egg and milk to a small mixing bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Each pastry cup will have 4 layers of pastry. Use a 5cm round cookie cutter to cut a circle in the centre of 3 of the squares. Brush the bottom square with no hole with egg wash and add the first pastry square with the circle hole. Repeat until you get to the third layer and finish off by brushing with more egg wash.
- Bake for 20 min or until golden. Allow to cool completely.
- To finish off add a tsp of raspberry jam to the bottom of each cup. Fill with pastry cream. Finish off by adding berries on top and a dusting of powdered sugar.
Flaky, buttery pastry filled with creamy vanilla and berries is an absolute MUST.Full Recipe: taste.md/2k10dTC
Julkaissut Sweeten Sunnuntaina 10. joulukuuta 2017