Sour Cream & Onion Mashed Potatoes
Tastes just like your favorite chip.
- 2 lb. russet or Yukon gold potatoes
- kosher salt
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 1 c. sour cream
- ½ c. milk
- 1 tbsp. chopped chives, plus more for garnish
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a large pot, cover potatoes with water and add a generous pinch of salt. Bring to a boil and cook until totally soft, 16 to 18 minutes. Drain and return to pot.
- Meanwhile, make the caramelized onions: In a large skillet over medium-low heat melt butter. Add onion and season with salt. Cook until soft and golden, about 10 minutes.
- When the potatoes are tender, use a potato masher to mash until smooth. Add in sour cream and milk and stir until smooth. Fold in caramelized onions and chives and season with onion powder, salt, and pepper. Garnish with chives and serve.
Sour Cream & Onion Mashed Potatoes make regular potatoes seem so boring. Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/zPJnO4g
Julkaissut Delish Tiistaina 19. joulukuuta 2017