Mozzarella-Stuffed Chicken Parm
This chicken parm is STUFFED with mozzarella and it's changing everything.
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 c. panko bread crumbs
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ c. freshly grated Parmesan, divided
- Olive oil, for frying
- 2 c. marinara
- ¼ c. Thinly sliced basil
- 2 tbsp. chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 425°. Using a sharp paring knife, cut a deep slit into each chicken breast. Stuff pockets with mozzarella then press edges of the chicken together to seal the chicken. Season outside of chicken with salt and pepper.
- Put the flour, eggs and panko bread crumbs into three separate shallow bowls. Into the panko bread crumbs, whisk in garlic powder, dried oregano, ¼ cup Parmesan and ½ teaspoon salt.
- Dip the stuffed chicken in flour, shaking off excess, then dip the chicken into egg, tossing to coat. Dredge chicken in bread crumbs, making sure the chicken is evenly coated.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat a thin layer of olive oil. Add chicken to skillet and cook until golden on both sides, about 4 minutes per side. Pour marinara around chicken and scatter basil on top of marinara. Turn off heat then sprinkle remaining Parmesan on top of chicken.
- Transfer skillet to oven and bake until the chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes more. Garnish with parsley and serve warm.
You need to know about STUFFED chicken parm.Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/mgDUn2j
Julkaissut Delish Maanantaina 15. tammikuuta 2018