Simple Tiramisu Crepe Cake
Ditch the lady fingers, add the crepes, stack it fat.
- For the tiramisu filling:
- 16 ounces heavy cream, chilled
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 tablespoons amaretto
- 16 ounces mascarpone cheese
- For the crepes:
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 egg
- 2 cups cold brew coffee
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup butter, melted, plus more for greasing
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
- Instant espresso powder, for dusting
- Make the filling: In a large chilled bowl, beat the cream, sugar, almond extract and amaretto until stiff peaks form. Slowly fold in the mascarpone cheese, being careful not to overmix. Cover and chill until needed.
- Make the crepes: In a blender, combine flour, sugar, salt, eggs, cold brew, milk and melted butter into a batter. Chill for one hour.
- Heat a nonstick 8-inch skillet or crepe pan and coat with butter. Pour ¼ cup of the crepe batter into the pan, and tilt in a circular motion to coat the pan in an even circle. Cook until edges begin to brown and top no longer looks wet, about 1 minute, and carefully flip. Cook for 30 seconds more and remove to a baking sheet to cool. Repeat, using all the batter to make about 25 crepes.
- Assemble the cake: On a serving plate, place one crepe in the center. Spread a thin layer of the tiramisu filling on top. Add another crepe and repeat until all the crepes have been used, leaving the top crepe bare. Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and instant espresso powder to serve.
Ditch the lady fingers, add the crepes, stack it fat.Full Recipe: taste.md/2fy7k4q
Julkaissut Tastemade Tiistaina 23. tammikuuta 2018