3-Cheese Mac and Cheese
The creamy 3-Cheese Mac is the only mac & cheese recipe you'll ever need.
- ½ c. (1 stick) unsalted butter, plus more for baking dish
- 1 lb. elbow macaroni
- ½ c. flour
- 5 c. whole milk
- 1½ tsp. kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. mustard powder
- 3 c. Cheddar, grated
- 2 c. Gruyere, grated
- 1½ c. Parmesan, grated, divided
- 1 c. panko breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- chopped parsley, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Butter a 9”x13” baking dish.
- In a large pot of salted, boiling water, cook macaroni until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt 1 stick butter. Sprinkle over flour and cook until slightly golden, 2-3 minutes. Pour in milk and whisk until combined. Season with mustard powder, salt, and pepper. Let simmer until starting to thicken, about 5 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and whisk in cheddar, then gruyere, and then 1 cup Parmesan. Continue whisking until melted and smooth. Stir in cooked macaroni and transfer to prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining Parmesan with Panko and olive oil. Sprinkle mixture over macaroni, then season with more black pepper.
- Bake until bubbly and golden, 25-30 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley. Let sit 10 minutes before serving.
The creamy 3-Cheese Mac is the only mac & cheese recipe you'll ever need. Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/rtCX7PL
Julkaissut Delish Maanantaina 29. tammikuuta 2018