Layered Pizza Cake
Have your cake and eat your pizza too.
- 3 (14-ounce) tubes store-bought pizza dough
- Pizza sauce
- 48 slices pepperoni
- 3 cups low-moisture shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella balls, torn
- 6 basil leaves
- Prepare an 8-inch by 3-inch springform cake pan with parchment paper.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees, and prepare 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll out 2 pizza tubes onto prepared baking sheets and par-bake for 7 minutes.
- Using the bottom of the 8-inch cake pan, cut 4 circles out of the par-baked dough sheets. Cut the circles ¼ inch smaller than the pan’s diameter. Set aside.
- On a flat surface, roll out the remaining tube of original crust dough. This will wrap around the outside of the pizza cake. Cut it to 1 inch larger than the height of the pan (4 inches). Drape it into the parchment-lined pie pan so that ½ inch lines the bottom of the inside of the pan and ½ inch drapes over the outer edge. Add the first par-baked dough circle as the base.
- Build each layer with sauce, cheese and pepperoni until all the par-baked dough circles are used. On the final layer, add sauce, fresh mozzarella cheese, pepperoni and basil leaves.
- Fold the remaining ½ inch of interior crust over the edge and crimp around the entire cake.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until crimped crust is golden and cheese is bubbling. Let rest for 15 minutes before removing from the cake pan.
Have your cake and eat your pizza too. Full Recipe: taste.md/2hpqvld
Julkaissut Tastemade Tiistaina 6. helmikuuta 2018