Hangover Breakfast Sandwich
Sometimes the only cure for a hangover, is a food hangover.
- Bourbon bacon jam:
- 1 pound thick-cut bacon, cut into small dice
- ½ sweet onion, chopped
- ⅓ cup brown sugar, tightly packed
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup bourbon
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Deep-fried Camembert:
- 3 cups frying oil
- 1 whole Camembert
- ½ cup flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 sprig rosemary, chopped
- 1 cup panko
- For the sandwich:
- 1 egg, sunny-side up
- 1 handful arugula
- 1 bun, slice in half and toasted
- For the bacon jam: In a frying pan, cook bacon on medium heat for 5 minutes. Add chopped onion, and cook for another 5 minutes until onion is soft and bacon fat is rendered. Stir in brown sugar; cook until dissolved and thickened. Add beef broth and cook until all liquid has evaporated, about 20 minutes.
- Add bourbon and allow to reduce again. Jam should look sticky. Strain bacon through a sieve, and discard most of the fat. Stir in smoked paprika, maple syrup and butter.
- For the Camembert: In a heavy-bottomed pot, heat oil to 325 degrees.
- In one bowl, add flour. In a second bowl, add eggs. In a third bowl, add rosemary mixed with panko. Coat the camembert with flour first, then egg, then rosemary/panko last. Fry for 1 minute on each side until golden brown.
- To build the sandwich: Lay out bottom bun. Top with arugula, Camembert, bacon jam, sunny-side egg and top bun.
Sometimes the only cure for a hangover, is a food hangover.Full Recipe: bit.ly/2ExG2FT
Julkaissut Tastemade Perjantaina 9. maaliskuuta 2018