Pumpkin French Toast
Thick layers of brioche get soaked in a mixture of egg, milk, pumpkin puree, and vanilla and then topped with a creamy pumpkin butter for the most fall brunch EVER.
- FRENCH TOAST
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- ¾ c. milk
- ½ c. pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- Kosher salt
- 1 loaf brioche, sliced into 1"-thick slices
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter, divided
- PUMPKIN BUTTER
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter, slightly softened
- 2 tbsp. pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- ¼ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- Kosher salt
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
- Maple syrup, for drizzling
- In a shallow baking dish, whisk eggs, milk, pumpkin puree, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, and a pinch of salt. Place bread slices into pumpkin mixture and let soak about 30 seconds per side.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter. Cook 2 slices bread at a time until golden, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Repeat to cook all slices.
- Make pumpkin butter: In a medium bowl, whip softened butter with pumpkin, maple syrup, pumpkin spice, and a pinch of salt until light and fluffy.
- Top French toast with pumpkin butter, sprinkle with powdered sugar, and drizzle with maple syrup.
Pumpkin French Toast makes rolling out of bed totally worth it. Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/eo9JuOd
Julkaissut Delish Perjantaina 26. lokakuuta 2018