Upside-Down Apple Pecan Pie
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- 1 box of package refrigerated pie crusts (I prefer Pillsbury All Ready Pie Crust or you can make your own pie crust)
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 6 medium apples, sliced & peeled (I prefer Granny Smith and Braeburn apples)
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- Heat oven to 375°F
- Using a 9-inch pie plate, combine pecans, brown sugar and butter; spread evenly over bottom of pan.
- Place bottom pie crust over pecan mixture in pan. Press crust down around sides of pan and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon flour.
- In large bowl, combine apples, sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg. mix lightly. Spoon into pie crust-lined plate.
- Top with second pie crust, and flute. Cut 4-5 slits in top crust, for steam to escape. Place pie plate on cookie sheet and bake at 375° for 40-50 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Remove pie from oven, and cool on wire rack for 5 minutes. Place serving plate over pie and carefully invert hot pie. Remove pie plate. Some nuts may remain in pan, replace on pie with a knife
- Cool at least 1 hour before serving.
This is an apple pie like no other! UPSIDE-DOWN APPLE PECAN PIE is a self-glazing, award winning pie that is sure to please any crowd. If you like pecan pie and apple pie, you’re going to love this pie recipe from TidyMom. print recipe: http://tidymom.net/2009/upside-down-apple-pecan-pie/
Julkaissut Simply Recipes Tiistaina 20. marraskuuta 2018