Scallops with Lemon-Basil Sauce
Your dinner plans = these scallops in a lemon basil sauce.
- 1 large lemon
- 1½ pounds large sea scallops
- ¼ teaspoon salt, divided
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- ¾ cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon water
- ½ teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil
- Finely grate lemon rind, reserving ¼ teaspoon. Squeeze lemon, reserving 2 tablespoons juice. Pat scallops dry with paper towels.
- Sprinkle scallops with ⅛ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Melt 2 teaspoons butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add scallops; cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until done. Remove scallops from pan; keep warm.
- Add wine and reserved lemon juice to pan, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 2 minutes, stirring to loosen browned bits from bottom of pan. Combine water and cornstarch; add to pan. Cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until sauce begins to thicken. Add reserved lemon rind, remaining 1 teaspoon butter, remaining ⅛ teaspoon each salt and pepper, and basil. Remove from heat. Serve over scallops.
- Serve with: Buttery Angel Hair Pasta with Parmesan Cheese
Your dinner plans = these scallops in a lemon basil sauce. (via WellDone)Recipe here: http://trib.al/waDVMbf
Julkaissut Cooking Light Perjantaina 30. marraskuuta 2018