Creamy Shrimp Linguine
- 1 lb. linguine
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes, plus more for garnish
- 2½ c. grape tomatoes, halved
- ¼ c. white wine
- 1 c. heavy cream
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 5 oz. baby kale (about 6 c.)
- ½ c. freshly grated Parmesan, plus more for garnish
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook linguine according to the package directions until al dente. Drain, reserving ½ cup pasta water, and return to pot.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add shrimp and season with salt and pepper. Cook until shrimp is pink and cooked through, 4 minutes. Remove from skillet and reserve on a plate.
- Add butter to skillet then add garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add tomatoes to skillet and cook until beginning to soften, 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add wine and cook until mostly reduced, 5 minutes.
- Add heavy cream, lemon juice, and Parmesan. Let simmer until sauce is thickened, 5 minutes. Add pasta, shrimp, and kale and toss to coat. If sauce is too thick, add additional pasta water.