Loaded Cauliflower Bake
This tastes like classic macaroni and cheese but instead of noodles, there's cauliflower. And lots of BACON. You definitely want to cook the cauli a little first so that it doesn't take forever in the oven. After about 30 minutes, you won't be able to stand it any longer.
- 2 small heads cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 c. whole milk
- 2 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1½ c. shredded cheddar, divided
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ¼ c. sliced green onions
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large pot of salted boiling water, blanch cauliflower, 3 minutes. Drain and squeeze cauliflower of water.
- Make cheese sauce: In a large skillet, melt butter. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute, then add flour and stir until golden, 2 minutes. Add milk and bring to a low simmer, then add cream cheese, whisking until combined. Remove from heat and stir in 1 cup cheddar until melted, then season with salt and pepper.
- In a 9”-x-13” dish, add drained cauliflower. Pour over cheese sauce and stir until combined. Stir in all but 1 tablespoon each cooked bacon and green onions until combined, then top with remaining cheddar, bacon, and green onions.
- Bake until cauliflower is tender and cheese is melty, 30 minutes.
Loaded Cauliflower Bake is like a loaded potato without the carbs. Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/1jOChI4
Julkaissut Delish Keskiviikkona 5. lokakuuta 2016