Bloody Mary Grilled Cheese
This is part grilled cheese, part savory French toast. It might sound crazy, but it totally works.
- 1 c. tomato juice
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ c. vodka
- 2 tsp. prepared horseradish
- 2 tsp. hot sauce, such as Cholula
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 4 slices sourdough
- 6 slices cooked bacon
- 6 slices dill pickle
- 4 slices yellow cheddar
- 4 slices white cheddar
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced into rounds
- Grape tomatoes, for garnish
- Cornichons, for garnish
- 2 Kalamata olives, for garnish
- In a shallow dish, whisk together tomato juice, eggs, vodka, horseradish, hot sauce, and Worcestershire sauce, and season with salt and pepper. Add bread and soak for 30 seconds.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Add 2 soaked bread slices and cook 2 minutes. Flip one, then top with half the yellow cheddar, half the bacon, a couple slices of pickle and tomato, and half the white cheddar. Sandwich with remaining slices of bread.
- Cook until sandwich is deeply golden, 5 minutes per side. Repeat to make second sandwich. Skewer olives, grape tomatoes, and cornichons to garnish sandwiches.
Bloody Mary + Grilled Cheese = 😱 😱 😱Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/Uf07k89
Julkaissut Delish Tiistaina 4. joulukuuta 2018