Cookie Dough Cheesecake
Love cookie dough? This cheesecake is about to blow your mind.
- FOR THE CRUST
- Butter, for pan
- 1 log refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough, divided
- FOR THE CHEESECAKE
- 4 (8-oz.) blocks cream cheese, softened
- 1¼ c. sugar
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- ½ c. sour cream
- ¼ c. heavy cream
- 1 tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- ¾ c. mini chocolate chips, divided
- FOR THE FROSTING
- ½ (8-oz.) block cream cheese, softened
- 4 tbsp. (1/2 stick) butter, softened
- ¼ c. powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ c. mini chocolate chips
- FOR DECORATING
- 3 chocolate chip cookies, halved
- 2 c. broken chocolate chip cookies
- MAKE CRUST
- Preheat oven to 350°. Butter a 9-inch springform pan and wrap bottom and sides of pan in a double layer of aluminum foil.
- Pat ¾ of the cookie dough log into bottom of prepared pan. Bake until golden, 26 minutes. Let cool.
- MAKE CHEESECAKE
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer, or in bowl of a stand mixer using paddle attachment, beat cream cheese until completely smooth, 3 minutes. Add sugar and salt and beat until fluffy, 2 minutes more. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition and scraping down bowl as necessary. Add sour cream, heavy cream, and vanilla and beat, 1 minute more.
- Pour half of cheesecake batter on top of crust, then sprinkle with half of chocolate chips. Repeat with remaining batter and chocolate chips. Roll remaining cookie dough into tiny balls and drop on top of cheesecake.
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil. Place cheesecake in a deep roasting pan and set on middle rack of oven. Carefully pour enough boiling water into roasting pan to come halfway up sides of springform pan.
- Bake until cheesecake is just starting to brown and only the center is slightly jiggly, 1 hour 30 minutes. Turn off oven, prop open the door with a wooden spoon, and let cheesecake slowly cool in its water bath, 1 hour.
- Remove roasting pan from oven, then carefully lift springform pan from water and remove foil. Set cheesecake on a rack and let come to room temperature. Once completely cool, loosely cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, 4 hours or up to overnight. When ready to serve, carefully unmold from springform pan.
- MAKE FROSTING
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, and salt. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Dollop frosting on top of cheesecake in 6 mounds and top each with a cookie half, then cover cheesecake sides with crushed cookies.
- WATER BATHS can be a drag, but they do help prevent cheesecakes from cracking. If you're not using a topping, don't skip this step.