Sugar Cookie Trees
Your own personal and edible Christmas tree.
- 1 tube sugar cookie dough
- ½ c. butter, softened
- 2 c. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. heavy cream
- green food coloring
- ½ tsp. salt
- Christmas nonpareils
- Yellow mini m&ms or sprinkle stars
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a medium cookie sheet with parchment paper. Make balls 1, 2, and 3 teaspoons large. Place on baking sheet and bake 5 minutes, remove smallest cookies and bake 3-4 minutes more. Remove from oven and let cool on a cooking rack.
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat butter until fluffy. Add powdered sugar and beat until combined, then add vanilla, heavy cream, food coloring, and salt and beat until combined. Add more food coloring until desired color is reached. Transfer to a piping bag with a medium star tip.
- Onto the largest cookie, pipe a circle of frosting. Top with the medium cookie, pipe another circle of frosting, and top with the smallest cookie. Pipe a point on the smallest cookie. Decorate with sprinkles and top with a sprinkle star or a small yellow m&m. Serve.
Sugar Cookie Trees are SO much more fun than decorating your tree.Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/izDLATx
Julkaissut Delish Keskiviikkona 12. joulukuuta 2018