Stuffed Brussels Sprouts
This holiday app is so easy.
- Cooking spray
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 c. ricotta
- ½ c. freshly grated Parmesan, plus more for sprinkling
- ¼ c. Italian bread crumbs
- Zest of ½ lemon
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 400º. Grease a large baking sheet with cooking spray. In a large pot of salted boiling water, blanch Brussels sprouts until bright green, 2 minutes. Rinse under cold water, then drain.
- Using a small spoon, scoop out insides of sprouts (reserve for another use), then transfer hollowed sprouts to a prepared baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, stir together ricotta, Parmesan, bread crumbs, lemon zest, and red pepper flakes, and season with salt and pepper. Spoon mixture into Brussels sprouts, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with more Parmesan.
- Bake until ricotta mixture is warmed through and Brussels sprouts are crispy, 20 to 25 minutes.