Peanut Butter Stuffed French Toast
Get out of town.
- FOR PEANUT BUTTER FILLING
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- ⅔ c. creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp. heavy cream
- Pinch kosher salt
- FOR THE FRENCH TOAST
- 4 thick slices brioche
- 1 c. milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 c. cinnamon sugar
- 1 banana sliced, for topping
- Maple syrup, for topping
- Make peanut butter filling: In a large bowl using a hand mixer, mix cream cheese until smooth. Add powdered sugar, peanut butter, heavy cream, and salt and mix until smooth. Place in a ziplock bag or piping bag and set aside.
- Cut a 2” wide slit into the bottom of each slice of brioche to create a deep pocket. Fill each pocket with peanut butter mixture.
- In a shallow dish, whisk together eggs, milk, and vanilla until combined. Working one slice at a time, dip bread until fully soaked, 45 seconds.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat, melt butter. Cook 2 slices bread at a time until golden, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Repeat to cook all slices, adding more butter to pan if needed.
- Place cinnamon sugar on a large shallow plate and coat the cooked French toast in cinnamon sugar. Serve topped with bananas and a drizzle of maple syrup.
WOAH… French toast will never be the same again after THIS 😵Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/da9NZgk
Julkaissut Delish Keskiviikkona 12. joulukuuta 2018