Seriously Delish Fruitcake
The holiday staple just got an awesome upgrade.
- ½ c. chopped pecans
- ½ c. chopped pistachios
- ½ c. slivered almonds
- ¼ c. shredded, sweetened coconut
- ½ c. butter, softened
- ½ c. brown sugar
- ½ c. granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 c. flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- 2 tbsp. bourbon
- ½ c. Dried cranberries, chopped
- ½ c. dried cherries, chopped
- ½ c. dried apricots, chopped
- POWDERED SUGAR GLAZE
- 2 c. powdered sugar
- ¾ c. milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- To a large baking sheet, add pecans, pistachios, almonds, and coconut. Bake until golden and toasty, tossing often, 10-12 minutes. Let cool and set aside.
- Lower oven to 300 degrees F. Spray a small bundt pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla and beat to combine. In another bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, salt, and spices.
- Fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients and add bourbon until combined. Add in toasted nuts and fruit. Transfer to bundt pan and bake until golden and toothpick comes out clean, 70-75 minutes.
- Make glaze: Whisk together powdered sugar and milk until smooth. Once cake is cooled, drizzle with glaze.
This Seriously Delish Fruitcake is a Christmas miracle. Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/1OUtToY
Julkaissut Delish Perjantaina 16. joulukuuta 2016