Slow-Cooker Sausage and White Bean Soup
Beat those winter blues.
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 precooked sausages, such as andouille, sliced
- 2 (15-oz) cans white beans
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ Onion, finely chopped
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 c. Swanson Chicken Broth
- 1 c. water
- ½ lb. kale, cut into bite-sized pieces
- freshly grated Parmesan, for serving
- Optional: In a medium skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add sausage and cook until golden on both sides, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove and place in slow cooker.
- Combine white beans, garlic, onion, carrots, celery, thyme and bay leaves into the slow cooker with the sausage. Season with salt and pepper. Add chicken broth and water and stir to combine. Cook on low for 6 to 7 hours or high for 3 to 4.
- Stir in kale and cook 10 to 15 minutes more on high, or until kale is completely wilted. Remove bay leaf and thyme.
- To serve: top with freshly grated parmesan and serve.
How To Make Slow-Cooker Sausage & White Bean Soup
Slow-Cooker Sausage & White Bean Soup will cure your winter blues. Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/fWEC2jO
Julkaissut Delish Maanantaina 26. helmikuuta 2018