Treat the Disney fanatic in your life to this cake.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 boxes yellow cake mix, plus ingredients called for on the box
- 1½ c. butter, softened
- 3¾ c. powdered sugar
- 1 c. cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- pinch of kosher salt
- ¼ c. heavy cream (plus more if necessary
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line two 8” cake pans and two 9" cake pans with parchment paper and grease with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine both cake mixes and add required ingredients, being sure to double the amount. Mix with a hand mixer until batter is smooth then divide evenly between the four cake pans. Bake according to package instructions. Let cool for 10 minutes in pan, then invert onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- When the cakes are cool, use a 4” biscuit cutter to stamp out 4 smaller cakes out of the two 9" cake layers. Be sure to leave two full 8” cake layers!
- Make frosting: In a large bowl using a hand mixer, or in the bowl of a stand mixer using the beater attachment, beat butter until light and fluffy. Add powdered sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla and salt and beat until well combined. Gradually add heavy cream and beat until the mixture is creamy but can still hold peaks.
- Arrange an 8” cake layer on a serving platter then place a 4” cake round on either side of the top of the cake to make Mickey ears.
- Spread frosting onto each cake, then top each cake with another cake layer that matches it in size. (At this point, if you have time, stick the cake in the freezer for 30 minutes. It'll help make frosting the whole thing easier if you do.) Cover the entire Mickey cake with frosting and chocolate sprinkles.
- Slice and serve at room temperature.
This Mickey Mouse cake comes together like magic ✨Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/dvm6AgP
Julkaissut Delish Tiistaina 18. joulukuuta 2018