Sorting Hat Cupcakes
Harry Potter fans: These sorting hat cupcakes will reveal what house you truly belong in.
- 1 box white cake mix, plus ingredients called for on box
- FOR HATS
- 12 chocolate kisses
- 6 Oreos, cream removed
- ¼ c. chocolate chips, melted
- FOR BUTTERCREAM
- 1½ c. (3 sticks) butter, softened
- 6 c. powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp. butterscotch syrup
- ¼ c. heavy cream, plus more if needed
- Pinch kosher salt
- Red, yellow, green, and blue food coloring
- Gold sprinkles, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350° and line cupcake tin with liners. Prepare cake mix according to package instructions and pour into liners. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cupcakes comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cupcakes cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make hats. Using a butter knife, spread chocolate onto the bottom of a Kiss and press into the center of Oreo cookie. Repeat until all hats are made and set aside to harden, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make buttercream: In a large bowl using a hand mixer or the bowl of a stand mixer using the paddle attachment, beat butter until fluffy. Add powdered sugar and beat until combined, then add butterscotch, heavy cream, and salt and beat until combined. Set aside ⅓ cup portions of frosting in 4 separate bowls. Dye each bowl house colors: red, yellow, green, and blue.
- Using a melon baller or teaspoon, scoop a well into the center of each cupcake. Fill each well with the different color buttercream.
- Frost all cupcakes with white buttercream frosting and top with gold sprinkles and hats. Serve.
How To Make Sorting Hat Cupcakes
Harry Potter fans: These sorting hat cupcakes will reveal what house you truly belong in.Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/dnPSZum
Julkaissut Delish Tiistaina 18. joulukuuta 2018