Caprese Chicken Lasagna
- 1 box lasagna noodles
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into pieces
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced, divided
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2½ c. milk
- 5 c. shredded mozzarella, divided
- ¾ c. freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 16-oz. container ricotta
- 1 large egg
- 4 roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- ½ c. thinly sliced basil leaves, plus more for garnish
- Balsamic glaze, for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 375º. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook lasagna noodles until very al dente. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Season chicken with oregano, salt, and pepper. Cook until golden and cooked through, 8 minutes. Add balsamic vinegar and half the garlic to pan and stir until combined. Transfer to a plate.
- Make sauce: Return to skillet over medium heat and melt butter. Add remaining half garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add flour and cook until golden, 1 minute more. Add milk and simmer until thick and creamy, 3 minutes, then add 1 cup mozzarella and Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, stir together ricotta and egg and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large baking dish, spread a thin layer of sauce. Add a layer of lasagna noodles, slightly overlapping, and top with about a third of ricotta mixture, a third of tomatoes, a third of the basil, a third of the cooked chicken, another layer of sauce, and a third of mozzarella. Repeat with three layers, ending with mozzarella.
- Bake until bubbly and golden, 35 minutes. Garnish with basil and drizzle with balsamic glaze before serving.
Caprese Chicken Lasagna will have your whole family fighting for seconds.Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/BP7SwQc
Julkaissut Delish Maanantaina 14. tammikuuta 2019