Inspired by our taco tomatoes, this low-carb hack is for anybody who is trying to eat healthy but really wants a cheeseburger.
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 tbsp. ketchup
- 1 tbsp. yellow mustard
- 4 slicing tomatoes
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepepr
- ⅔ c. shredded cheddar
- ¼ c. shredded iceberg lettuce
- 4 pickle coins
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and cook until tender, about 5 minutes, then stir in garlic. Add ground beef, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon, and cook until the beef is no longer pink, about 6 minutes. Drain fat. Season with salt and pepper, then stir in ketchup and mustard.
- Flip tomatoes so they are stem-side down. Cut the tomatoes into six wedges, being careful to not cut completely through the tomato. Carefully spread open the wedges. Divide cooked ground beef evenly among the tomatoes, then top each with cheese and lettuce.
- Garnish with pickle coins and sesame seeds.
Low-carb lovers, this is the most genius way to eat a tomato.Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/BitPbjf
Julkaissut Delish Keskiviikkona 13. kesäkuuta 2018