Best-Ever Pepper Steak
We're huge fans of homemade beef and broccoli, but many people are afraid of the green florets.This is the broccoli-free version of takeout stir-fry.
- ¼ c. low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 4 tsp. packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb. flank steak, thinly sliced against the grain
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. freshly minced ginger
- Cooked white rice, for serving
- Make sauce: In a medium bowl, whisk the soy sauce with the vinegar, sugar, and cornstarch. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over high heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add flank steak, season with salt, and cook until cooked through and seared on all sides, about 8 minutes. Remove steak to a plate.
- Add 1 tablespoon remaining oil and red and green bell peppers to the skillet. Cook until softened, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger and cook stirring until fragrant. Return the beef to the skillet and pour over prepared sauce. Cook, stirring, until the sauce is glossy about 2 minutes more.
- Serve with rice.
Pepper Steak beats takeout ANY night of the week.Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/E59J8P6
Julkaissut Delish Perjantaina 18. tammikuuta 2019