Sloppy Joe Mac 'n Cheese
Bolognese is too high-brow for a busy weeknight.
- kosher salt
- 1 lb. Macaroni
- 1 lb. ground beef
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 c. crushed tomatoes
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- ¼ c. freshly chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- 2 c. grated mozzarella, divided
- Bring an 8-quart stock pot of water to a boil and generously season with salt. Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain and return to pot.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown beef, breaking up meat with a spoon. Season with salt and pepper, then drain fat. Add garlic and onions and cook until softened, 2 minutes, then add brown sugar, tomatoes, Worcestershire, and chili powder and simmer, 10 minutes.
- Drain pasta and add to skillet over low heat. Stir in parsley and half the mozzarella, then quickly toss together to evenly coat pasta. Top with remaining mozzarella and cover with lid to melt cheese.
- Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.