Italian Wedding Soup
Now that the winter weather has officially set in, we're ALL ABOUT soups.
- FOR THE MEATBALLS
- ¾ lb. ground chicken
- ½ lb. chicken sausage, casings removed
- ½ c. panko bread crumbs
- ⅓ c. freshly grated parmesan, plus more for serving
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large egg
- Pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- FOR SOUP
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 tsp. freshly chopped thyme
- 8 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- ¾ c. small dry pasta (such as acini di pepe or tubetini)
- 4 c. baby spinach
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped dill, for garnish
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- In a large bowl, stir ground chicken, chicken sausage, bread crumbs, Parmesan, oregano, garlic, and egg until combined. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes if using. Form into meatballs approximately 1" in diameter to make about 22 meatballs.
- In a large Dutch oven or stock pot over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Cook meatballs in batches, until outsides are golden and insides are cooked through. Remove from pot.
- Heat remaining oil then add onion, carrots, celery, and thyme. Cook until fragrant and starting to soften, 3 to 4 minutes. Add chicken broth and bring up to a boil. Add pasta and meatballs and lower to a simmer. Simmer until pasta is cooked, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in spinach and cook until wilted, about 1 minute more.
- Garnish each bowl with dill and more Parmesan, and serve with a lemon wedge.
How To Make Italian Wedding Soup
Italian Wedding Soup is like chicken noodle's heartier big sister.Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/O29tGxp
Julkaissut Delish Perjantaina 18. tammikuuta 2019