Cheesy Chicken Alfredo Soup
Creamy, Parmesan-loaded tortellini in a chicken broth soup might be better than the pasta.
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 lb. chicken breasts
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ c. all-purpose flour
- 4 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 c. half and half
- 9 oz. tortellini
- 2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- Fresh basil, for garnish
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, melt butter. Cook chicken until cooked through and golden, 6 minutes per side, then season with salt and pepper and set aside. Once cool, dice.
- Add onion to pot and cook until soft and golden, 6 minutes, then add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add flour and whisk until golden, 2 to 3 minutes, then add chicken broth and half and half and simmer until thickened, 15 minutes.
- Add tortellini to pot and cook until al dente, 10 minutes. Add diced chicken and season with crushed red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with basil.