Mozzarella Stick Waffles
Imagine mozzarella sticks but with crispy waffled nooks and crannies.
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp. milk (or water)
- 1 c. Italian bread crumbs
- Kosher salt
- 16 mozzarella sticks (preferably low-moisture)
- Grated Parmesan, for garnish
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Marinara, warmed, for serving
- Preheat waffle maker to medium heat. Set up a dredging station: Add flour to a shallow bowl. In a separate shallow bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. In a third shallow bowl, season bread crumbs with salt. Toss mozzarella sticks in flour, toss in egg mixture until fully coated, then coat in bread crumbs.
- Spray waffle iron with nonstick cooking spray. Place coated mozzarella sticks sided by side in the hot waffle iron. Cover and cook until golden, about 4 minutes.
- Carefully remove from waffle iron using tongs or a fork, then cut waffles into strips. Garnish with Parmesan and parsley. Serve with marinara sauce for dipping.
How To Make Mozzarella Stick Waffles
NEVER underestimate the power of a waffle maker. Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/A93UnkS
Julkaissut Delish Perjantaina 1. helmikuuta 2019