Lasagna Stuffed Hash Browns
The best bits about lasagna - the rich meat sauce, the gooey mozzarella - but stuffed in the middle of crispy hash browns.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 150g streaky bacon, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 500g beef mince
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 300ml red wine
- 500ml beef stock
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2kg waxy potatoes
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp Italian herbs
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- Grated mozzarella
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F.
- Begin by making the lasagna ragu. Heat the oil in a large sautee pan and fry the bacon until crisp.
- Add the chopped onion and cook until soft. Add the garlic and cook for around half a minute until smelling nice and aromatic.
- Add the minced beef and break up with a wooden spoon in the pan, browning as you go. Add the tomatoes, wine, stock and tomato puree, then the salt and black pepper. Bring to a gentle simmer, cover and cook gently, stirring every now and then, for roughly an hour and a half, until soft and delicious. Set aside and cool.
- Add the potatoes to a large pan of salted water and bring to the boil. When they are easily pierced with a knife set them aside to cool slightly before grating into a big bowl.
- Add flour, oregano and seasoning and thoroughly mix. The mixture should feel sticky but not too wet.
- Press half into a medium lined tray and add roughly 8 squares of the ragu, then sprinkle with mozzarella. Carefully press the other half of the grated potato mixture on top and chill.
- Cut into squares and place on a baking sheet. Bake until golden and crispy, flipping halfway through.
These Lasagna Stuffed Hash Browns are unreal!
Posted by Twisted on Wednesday, January 30, 2019