Cauliflower hash brown patties = #brunchgoals.
- FOR THE CAULIFLOWER HASH BROWN PATTIES
- ½ head cauliflower
- 1 large egg
- 1 c. shredded cheddar
- Pinch of cornstarch
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- FOR THE POACHED EGGS
- 2 large eggs
- FOR THE HOLLANDAISE
- 4 egg yolks
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 1 stick butter, melted
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt
- TO ASSEMBLE
- 2 slices Canadian bacon, warmed
- Paprika, for garnish
- Chopped fresh chives, for garnish
- Make cauliflower patties: Grate cauliflower on a box grater until shredded. Add to a medium bowl and crack in the egg. Add cheddar and cornstarch and season with salt.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add spoonfuls of cauliflower mixture and shape into patties. Cook until brown and crispy, 5 minutes, then flip and cook 5 minutes more.
- Poach eggs: Bring a saucepan of water to a boil, then reduce to a low simmer. Create a vortex by stirring the water, then drop in 1 egg. Let cook 3 minutes, then transfer with a slotted spoon to a paper towel. Repeat with remaining egg.
- Make hollandaise: Discard all but two inches of water and bring to a low simmer. Set a heatproof bowl over saucepan to create a double boiler and add egg yolks. Add lemon juice and whisk until combined, then stir in butter in a steady stream, whisking constantly, until combined. Season with cayenne and salt.
- Serve cauliflower hash brown patties topped with Canadian bacon, poached eggs, and hollandaise. Garnish with paprika and chives.
Cauliflower Benedict is like eggs Benny without all the extra carbs. Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/tHPcguw
Julkaissut Delish Perjantaina 8. helmikuuta 2019