Carrot Cake Waffles with Maple Cream Cheese Drizzle
Win the brunch game with these whole-wheat carrot cake waffles topped with a sticky-sweet maple cream cheese glaze.
- FOR THE MAPLE CREAM CHEESE GLAZE
- 4 oz. whipped cream cheese, softened
- ¼ c. maple syrup
- FOR THE WAFFLES
- ¾ c. all-purpose flour
- ½ c. whole-wheat flour
- ½ c. cornstarch
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. allspice
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ c. shredded coconut
- ⅓ c. vegetable oil
- 1¼ c. milk
- 1 c. carrot purée (cook carrots until soft then purée in the food processor or blender)
- Melted butter, for waffle iron
- Make glaze: Whisk together cream cheese and maple syrup until smooth and set aside. (Add more syrup for a runnier glaze.)
- Make batter: In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all waffle ingredients until combined. Let batter rest 15 to 20 minutes.
- Heat up waffle iron, then brush with melted butter. Scoop ½ cup batter into waffle iron and cook until golden. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Drizzle with glaze and serve.
Carrot Cake Waffles are the sweetest way to start your morning. cc: Woman's Day Magazine Krups USAFull recipe: http://dlsh.it/gaJjJhB
Julkaissut Delish Maanantaina 3. heinäkuuta 2017