Philly Cheesesteak Cabbage Wraps
Are you all about the low-carb cabbage wrap life? If you answered yes, then we've got great news!
- 8 large green cabbage leaves (from 1 head)
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- ½ large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 large bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb. skirt steak, thinly sliced
- 6 slices provolone
- In a large pot of boiling water, use tongs to dip cabbage leaves in water for 30 seconds to blanch. Place on a paper towel-lined plate to dry.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon of oil, then add onion and bell peppers. Season with oregano, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until onions and peppers are tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from skillet and add remaining tablespoon oil to skillet.
- Add steak in a single layer and season with salt and pepper. Cook until steak is seared on one side, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook until the steak is seared on second side and is cooked to your liking, about 2 minutes more for medium.
- Add onion and peppers back to skillet and toss to combine. Top mixture with an even layer of provolone and cover skillet with a tight-fitting lid. Cook until cheese is melty, about 1 minute.
- Place a scoop of steak and peppers mixture onto center of a cabbage leaf. Fold short end of leaf over mixture, then roll up long ways, like a burrito with an open end. Repeat with remaining ingredients and serve immediately.
Philly Cheesesteak Cabbage Wraps are the low-carb way to eat your favorite sandwich.Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/gNQUMEE
Julkaissut Delish Torstaina 21. helmikuuta 2019