Korean Fried Cauliflower
Making your own tempura batter is what makes this dish.
- ½ c. all-purpose flour, sifted
- ½ c. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 c. ice water
- 1 egg, beaten
- kosher salt
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- ⅓ c. garlic chili sauce
- 2 tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. grated ginger
- 2 tbsp. sesame seeds
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, and baking powder. Add ice water, egg and 1 teaspoon salt, and stir to combine. (The batter should be thin.)
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat about ¼” vegetable oil until oil is shimmering. Toss cauliflower in batter until fully coated. Working in batches, add cauliflower, and cook until golden on all sides, about 4 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels and season with more salt, if necessary.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together garlic chili sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil and ginger. Toss fried cauliflower in sauce. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and scallions.
How To Make Korean Fried Cauliflower
Korean Fried Cauliflower is better than anything on a takeout menu. Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/GIJX8zv
Julkaissut Delish Torstaina 21. helmikuuta 2019