You've probably heard of beignets before because of the long lines that they draw in New Orleans. The pillow like fried treats covered in powdered sugar are worth the trip to New Orleans alone. This easy recipe for them let's you skip the lines and have them at home. They have a simple batter that fries up in just a few minutes. What could be better?
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ⅛ tsp. kosher salt
- 2 large eggs, separated
- ¾ c. granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp. melted butter
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. In another large bowl, combine egg yolks, sugar, ¼ cup water, melted butter, and vanilla and stir to combine. Fold into dry ingredients until just combined.
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form, then fold into batter.
- In a large pot, heat oil to 375º. Drop small spoonfuls of batter into hot oil and fry until golden, about 5 minutes. (You want to keep the oil at 375º to make sure they cook all the way through.) Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Dust with powdered sugar before serving.
These perfect Beignets are like little pillows of happiness.Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/18VoAcN
Julkaissut Delish Tiistaina 26. helmikuuta 2019