White Trash Hash
Not classy but insanely tasty.
- FOR THE HASH
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 lb. frozen hash browns (not thawed)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño, thinly sliced
- 1 c. Shredded Monterey Jack
- 4 large eggs
- Chopped chives, for garnish
- FOR THE GRAVY
- ⅓ lb. Italian sausage, casings removed
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 c. whole milk
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- In a large cast-iron skillet, heat oil. Add hash browns and cook undisturbed for 10 minutes, then flip and cook 5 minutes more, until golden and crispy. Add onions and bell pepper and season with salt and pepper. Cook until tender, 5 minutes more. Add garlic and sliced jalapeño and cook until fragrant, 1 minute.
- Add cheese to hash browns and let melt, 2 minutes. Stir together so hash browns are fully cheesy.
- Make four nests for eggs and crack eggs in each. Season eggs with salt and pepper. Cover and cook until whites are set and yolks still slightly runny, 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make breakfast gravy: Cook sausage in a medium skillet over medium heat until browned all over. Sprinkle flour over the sausage and cook 1 minute. Pour over milk and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until very thick, about 5 minutes. Season with salt, pepper, and cayenne. Remove from heat.
- Serve hash drizzled with breakfast gravy and garnished with chives.
You need to know about White Trash Hash.Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/xEsrXOJ
Julkaissut Delish Tiistaina 26. helmikuuta 2019