Korean Fried Chicken
Nicknamed “candy chicken,” Korean fried chicken is known for its addictively crunchy exterior and its thick sweet-and-spicy sauce.
- FOR WINGS
- 1 tsp. Vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 2 lb. chicken wings
- 1 tbsp. freshly grated ginger
- ½ c. cornstarch
- FOR SAUCE
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 5 small dried red chilis, sliced
- 1 tbsp. freshly minced ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ c. gochujang
- 2 tbsp. ketchup
- 1 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ c. honey
- 2 tbsp. packed brown sugar
- FOR GARNISH
- ½ c. cocktail peanuts
- 1 tbsp. sesame seeds
- 1 green onion, sliced
- Make wings: In a deep pot over medium-high heat, heat 4 to 6 cups vegetable oil to 275°. Line a large plate or baking sheet with paper towels. In a small bowl, combine salt, pepper, baking powder, and garlic powder.
- Pat wings dry with paper towels, then rub with grated ginger and season with salt mixture. In a large bowl, toss wings with cornstarch and squeeze to compress coating onto each wing.
- Carefully add wings to oil and fry until skin is just lightly crisped and golden, occasionally flipping with tongs, about 15 to 18 minutes. Remove wings from oil and set aside on prepared plate. Let rest briefly.
- Heat frying oil to 400°. Return wings to pot and fry again until deeply golden and skin is crisp and crunchy, about 7 to 8 minutes. Remove wings from oil and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Make sauce: In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, add butter, dried chilis, ginger, and garlic and cook until fragrant, 2 minutes. Stir in gochujang, ketchup, vinegar, and soy sauce and cook until bubbling. Stir in honey and brown sugar and continue cooking until bubbling and slightly thickened.
- Pour sauce over wings and toss until evenly coated. Add in peanuts and toss to combine.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and green onion before serving.
How To Make Korean Fried Chicken
This crispy Korean Fried Chicken is sweet, spicy, and SO addictive. Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/7X82pft
Julkaissut Delish Perjantaina 1. maaliskuuta 2019