Best-Ever Black Bean Burgers
Finding alternatives to meat can be hard, but we think these burgers really nail it.The secret?Stop making them taste like beef,and focus on the flavor!
- 2 (15-oz.) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (3.5-oz.) package shiitake mushrooms, roughly chopped
- ½ yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ c. old-fashioned oats
- ½ avocado, chopped
- ¼ c. loosely packed cilantro or parsley leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp. smoke paprika
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- Vegetable oil, for cooking
- FOR SERVING
- Toasted hamburger buns
- Sliced red onion
- Sliced avocado
- Vegan or regular mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 375°. Spread beans in an even layer on a large baking sheet. Place mushrooms and onions on another large baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat, then spread in an even layer. Bake beans until they are dry and the skins are beginning to split, 7 to 9 minutes. Bake mushrooms and onions until tender, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Add beans, mushrooms, and onions to the bowl of a food processor, along with with oats, avocado, cilantro, garlic, paprika, chili powder, and cumin. Blend until smooth, scraping down sides of food processor as needed. Let mixture rest 10 minutes in refrigerator, then form into 4 patties.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat enough vegetable oil to coat the bottom of the pan. Add veggie burgers to skillet and cook until outside is crisp and golden and inside is heated through, about 4 minutes per side.
- Assemble burgers with preferred toppings.
How To Make Black Bean Burgers
These Black Bean Burgers are so good, you'll swear off meat FOREVER.Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/vZT8GXP
Julkaissut Delish Tiistaina 5. maaliskuuta 2019