Carrot Cake Blondies with Cream Cheese Swirl
Be honest with yourself: Do you really feel like baking an entire layer cake?
- CARROT CAKE BLONDIES
- ½ c. unsalted butter, melted
- 1 c. light brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- 1 c. shredded carrots
- CREAM CHEESE SWIRL
- 4 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- ¼ c. granulated sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- ¾ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 8-x-8" pan with foil or parchment paper and spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- Make carrot cake blondies: In a mixing bowl, combine melted butter and brown sugar and stir until incorporated. Add egg and vanilla, and whisk to combine. Add flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt and stir until just combined. Fold in shredded carrots.
- Make cream cheese swirl: Beat together all of the ingredients until completely smooth.
- Pour half the blondie batter into prepared pan, smoothing it lightly with a spatula or offset knife to the edges. Dollop half the cream cheese swirl, then top cream cheese with remaining batter. Dollop remaining cream cheese swirl on top of blondies and use a sharp knife to swirl into cream cheese filling.
- Bake until the bars are set and golden brown, about 20 minutes. (The edges will be slightly pulling away from sides of pan.) Let bars cool completely before slicing into 16 squares. (These can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.)