Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
These are my favorite muffins of all time. Full of bright lemon flavor, slight crunch of poppy seeds, and just sweet enough.
- FOR THE MUFFINS
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ c. (1 stick) butter, softened
- ¾ c. granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp. lemon zest
- 2 large eggs
- ½ tsp. almond extract
- ½ c. Greek yogurt
- Juice of 2 large lemons
- 1 tbsp. poppy seeds
- FOR THE GLAZE
- ¾ c. powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a muffin tin with liners. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- In another large bowl, using a hand mixer, beat butter, sugar, and lemon zest together. Scrape down sides and add eggs and beat until combined, then add almond extract. Add dry ingredients and beat until just combined, then add yogurt and lemon juice beating until just combined. Scrape down sides and stir in poppy seeds.
- Divide batter evenly between muffin liners, filling them nearly full and bake until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Let cool.
- Meanwhile make lemon glaze: In a small bowl, stir together powdered sugar, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Spoon over cooled muffins.
How To Make Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
You can't have spring without Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins.Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/ycrORAL
Julkaissut Delish Tiistaina 12. maaliskuuta 2019