This will make you feel like you're eating brunch at a fancy restaurant—without spending a fortune.
- 4 large eggs, plus 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 4 slices Canadian bacon
- 2 English muffins, split and toasted
- 1 tbsp. warm water
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- ¾ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ c. (1 stick) butter, melted
- Chopped fresh chives, for serving
- Poach eggs: Fill a large saucepan with 2 inches water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a bare simmer. Break one egg into a small bowl and gently tip into the pan. Use a spatula to gently lift the egg from the bottom of the pan. Repeat with remaining 3 eggs and cook until the whites are just set, but the yolks are still runny, about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove the eggs to a paper-towel lined plate to drain.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add Canadian bacon and cook, flipping once, until golden on both sides, about 4 minutes.
- Arrange bacon on top of English muffin halves and top with poached eggs.
- Make sauce: In a blender, combine egg yolks, water, lemon juice, and salt and blend until frothy. With blender running, pour in hot melted butter in a very thin stream, blending until sauce is thick and emulsified.
- Spoon sauce over eggs. Sprinkle with chives and season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
This will make you feel like you're eating brunch at a fancy restaurant—without spending a fortune.Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/ZYHaIz4
Julkaissut Delish Tiistaina 19. maaliskuuta 2019