Zucchini noodles can stand in for much more than spaghetti.
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for baking dish
- 4 medium zucchini
- 2 c. ricotta
- ½ c. finely grated parmesan, plus more for garnish
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- ¼ c. thinly sliced basil, divided
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1½ c. marinara
- ½ c. shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 375° and grease a large baking dish with olive oil.
- Make the Noodles: Slice two sides of each zucchini lengthwise to create two flat sides. Using a vegetable peeler, slice each zucchini into thin flat strips, peeling until you reach the center. These are your “noodles.”
- Make the Filling: In a medium bowl, combine ricotta, Parmesan, egg and 2 tablespoons basil and season with salt and pepper.
- Assemble the Ravioli: Lay two strips of zucchini noodles so that they overlap lengthwise. Lay two more noodles on top, perpendicular to the first strips. You should end up with a “T” shape. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of filling in the center of the zucchini. Bring the ends of the strips together to fold over the center, working one side at a time. Turn the ravioli over and place in the baking dish seam-side down. Repeat with remaining zucchini and filling. Pour marinara around the zucchini and top ravioli with mozzarella.
- Bake until zucchini noodles are “al dente” and the cheese is melted and starting to brown on top; 25 to 30 minutes.
- Top with remaining basil and Parmesan and serve.
Zucchini Ravioli is the low-carb hack you never knew you needed.Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/ivgVYeC
Julkaissut Delish Maanantaina 18. maaliskuuta 2019