Cheesy Ham & Potato Casserole
This Cheesy Ham & Potato Casserole is like scalloped potatoes—only BETTER.
- 3 tbsp. butter, plus more for pan
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. sweet paprika
- 3 c. whole milk
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 c. diced cooked ham
- 2½ lb. russet potatoes, peeled and sliced into ¼"-thick rounds
- 2 c. shredded cheddar
- Freshly chopped chives, for serving
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a medium saucepan, melt butter. Add onions and cook until soft, stirring occasionally, about 4 minutes. Sprinkle flour and paprika over and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute.
- While whisking, slowly pour in milk. Bring to a simmer and continue to whisk until thickened, about 7 minutes. Stir in ham and season with salt and pepper.
- Layer half of the potatoes in the bottom of a 2-quart baking dish and season with salt and pepper. Spoon half of the sauce over and sprinkle with half of the cheddar. Repeat with remaining potatoes, sauce, and cheese.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake until potatoes are soft, about 40 minutes. Remove foil and continue to bake until cheese is golden and bubbly, about 25 minutes more.
- Sprinkle with chives before serving.
This Cheesy Ham & Potato Casserole is like scalloped potatoes—only BETTER.Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/9gJutzE
Julkaissut Delish Torstaina 21. maaliskuuta 2019